Bruce Gore Wild Line Caught Coho Salmon
600g – 650g
Rated “Best Choice” by The Monterey Bay Aquarium’s prestigious Seafood WATCH!
The troll caught Alaskan salmon is caught using the hook-and-line method from Southeast Alaska by Triad Fisheries.
Their sustainable methods of fishing have resulted in Triad Fisheries becoming the first Alaska seafood supplier to earn the Food and Agriculture Organization-based Responsible Fisheries Management Certification.
The Coho Salmon is eco-friendly, sustainable, and traceable to the source.
Lasts for up to 1 year when frozen, consume immediately after thawing.
- Plan for your salmon 24 hours ahead of time
- Allows allow for drainage and never let thawing salmon puddle in water
Best Thawing Method:
- Cut a small hole in vacuum packaging and allow the salmon to thaw in refrigerator overnight
- Rinse thawed fillet quickly under cold running water and pat dry
Things to Avoid:
- Water thawing. It increases the drip loss and shortens the shelf life by degrading the texture.
- Bending salmon in the partially thawed state. It can tear connective tissue internally, causing gapping in the fillets.
- Exposure to moving air. This greatly speeds up the oxidation of the natural oils
- Twisting or folding the fillet, use two hands when handling a thawed fillet.