- 4 GG French Poulet Leg Steak Skinless
- 2–4 tortilla wraps or paratha breads
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely shredded
- ¼ head of pointed cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Seeds from 3 cardamom pods, ground in a mortar
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Small bunch of coriander, leaves chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chilli sauce or sauce of your choice
Buy GG French Poulet Leg Steak Skinless for this recipe.
- First make the marinade. Place the spices, garlic, lemon juice and coriander in a small blender or mortar and grind until smooth. Add 5 tablespoons of olive oil, along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and blend again to mix well. Transfer the marinade to a large dish. Add the GG French Poulet Leg Steak and rub in the marinade, making sure that all of the chicken is covered. Leave to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Remove the GG French Poulet Leg Steak from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and cook on the hot griddle for 3–4 minutes on each side until slightly charred but not burnt. Transfer to a roasting tray and finish cooking in the oven for 5–8 minutes. Leave the chicken to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortilla wraps in batches in a single layer on the cleaned, slightly oiled griddle pan. Toast on each side for 2 minutes or until the wraps are hot all the way through but still pliable. Keep warm.
- Remove the GG French Poulet Leg Steak from the oven and slice into bite-sized chunks. Place some chicken on each warm wrap and sprinkle with spring onions and shredded cabbage. Add mayonnaise and chilli sauce to taste, then roll up the wraps and serve.
Source: Gordon Ramsay